Thursday, July 06, 2006

A little anime, a little saturday morning....


Yesterday, after the fireworks, we had a draw-off, a kind of a see who can draw popular cartoon characters best, me and Greg and Nick...So I didn't do as well as I would have liked to have done, I drew a terrible Leonardo (Ninja Turtle), a decent Hong Kong Phooey and a rob
otic Homer Simpson...I got beat out by Garfield, though I got bonus points for Hong Kong Phooey for his old-schoolness...

Heh....Today, I started exploring some old cartoons and such, and remembered great artists such as Chuck Jones (The artist Collection within Chuck Jones' site is a great resource for illustration's greatest heavy hitters) and HR Giger...











I found a breakdown of my favorite Anime series ever, Sanctuary...Except Giger's not exactly Saturday morning cartoon stuff...Well, and actually Sanctuary is pretty adult too...By the way, the animated movie version sucks...

No comments: