Saturday, April 21, 2007

Mad Dogs, Motorcycles and Large Pro Tribute...


Thanks to Joan Reilly for hanging...Firstly, the Crash show at Wooster Projects was a great place to witness the amazing reunion of old school TC5 members Juice and Totem and Ink76 and his crew of Mad Dog riders...Then, the Large Professor Tribute at Gallapagos in Williamsburg was off the hook due to acts like my boys from the Boogie Down, Division X and the incredibly talented Beatboxer Entertainment and special thanks to DJ Skeme Richards, who is good peoples and also plays the most amazing bboy music...Haven't had a night like that in a while but it was the kind of night that makes NYC so special and makes me happy to be here...Hiphop is not dead...Another thing, I'm so glad I no longer live in Williamsburg, but man has it changed since I lived there...There's all kinds of new stores, one would never have to leave that area...Ever...I mean when I was living there, there were like two polish bars, a punk rock bar, and a couple of restaurants...I left before Anytime opened up...That was the beginning of the demise...Ah, gentrification...

No comments: