Sunday, February 17, 2008

What! I'm Listening to...(Part 6)

Just Jack is my newest like and his video for "I Talk Too Much" is inventive and entertaining (the artwork is done by Soon)

DJ Uff Da and DJ Jay C 3 have a few interesting tracks (they had a couple of tracks on the Kickin' It Old School soundtrack), Vampire Weekend (they also have a really nicely designed site) has an orchestral richness to their sound, the latest John Legend album which btw is exclusively at Target, I forgot how brilliant the movie "Tootsie" was and have been listening to "Maybe it's You" by Stephen Bishop. Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings are my latest funk find. I REALLY like DJ Rekha with that Indian Hiphop World fusion flavor. Cas Haley must've been influenced by Steel Pulse and I don't want to admit it, but I think my ears stereotype a bit because I ended up googling him and he doesn't look anything like the way my ears thought he would, plus he's an "America's Got Talent" find. It was pretty surreal seeing him perform in front of Michael Hasselhoff...Hard-Fi, a UK band, is also worth mentioning...Yes, Alex, yes Alex...I do like them...How could I not? One of their videos was remade because they broke into Heathrow Airport illegally to shoot the scene with the planes flying overhead really close...

No comments: