Monday, May 26, 2008

What! I'm Listening To...(Part 8)

Russ turned me onto Sha Stimuli when he visited from NH...That was an awesome recommendation...Good lookin', Russ...Sha Stimuli's a super talented MC and he's got fat beats...I think he's totally underrated...I also never knew about Tuff Crew...Old School Philly and they're about to be reunited...and then there's that ending credit song, "Beautiful Thing" from Troy Bonnes from the movie, "London"...It's not available on the soundtrack but you can download it free from his MySpace page (see link)...I finally got a chance to listen to M.I.A.'s album Kala...I think she's got such an unapologetic fierceness and it is another good album...Alex told me he listened to a whole set of Capleton in the Bahamas and was blown away...On the alternative tip, I've been listening to Dr. Dog, Okkervil River, Page France, and a couple of songs from The Teeth...For those interested in good flows, I think the song "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" by Kanye and Consequence is pretty good, too...I'm not really a Kanye fan, but I dig Consequence...Mental Note: Alex translated "Plastico" by Ruben Blades for me...It is an intense song...

No comments: