Sunday, March 09, 2008

"I make money to dance..."



Heard of self-loathing Jews? Well, I think I've been a bit of a self-loathing Korean all my life. Blame it on the fact that I've been a minority wherever I've been. Blame it on my childhood and how I was raised. Blame it on the media. Blame it directly on the material-loving, sheltered and at times prejudicial/racist society Koreans create for themselves. But maybe, just maybe I found my peoples, my true peoples...Even though I claim I am not just "hiphop", it is always hiphop that saves me...Thanks to those Korean bboys who try so hard to continue to do what they love and who are making public declarations successfully fusing the old world with the old school train of thought.





Here's a video of The Extreme Crew with Korean music group Sorea...

No comments: