Sunday, March 05, 2006

hands on words

I recently felt that I would attempt coming into the 2000's and give the whole blogging phenomenon a bit of hands on words. I recently received a BFA from Massachusetts College of Art in Boston majoring in Studio for Inter-Related Media (www.massart.edu). Though I did graphic design and was a studio assistant in an architectural firm prior to school, I entered as a painter. In school, I found myself in wood, lighting, tech theater and video classes. After I graduated, I worked as an intern runner for a lighting design company during the elections when all the news networks set up booths at Rockerfeller Center and projected onto the buildings...Then I did pre-production (location of models/ producer/ director/ camermen/
interns, country/ shopping/ location research, equipment specing, travel) for a globe-trotting travel fashion tv show...Sounds more glamourous than it really was...When the show started shooting, my job was finished and I have had a hard time ever since finding a job using the skills I acquired in college. So now I've tried a couple things that I decided I don't necessarily really want to do for a living. The trouble is with my bi-polar nature, I am just lost without a bit of routine. That's also where this site comes in...I thought I could use this blog to note stuff that I come across in my day-to-day...

No comments: