Monday, March 27, 2006

Docu-Album 3: Cuba


Docu-Album 3: Cuba
Originally uploaded by snailsone.

I have just started working a 9 min docu-album of my trip to Cuba in January 2004. I won a scholarship for a three and a half week trip. It was probably one of the best times I've ever had in a foreign country.The above is a picture of a fridge from the 1900's that still works with ice blocks...Below is Trinidad and Fooster's Chess Pieces...
I had a bunch of video that I shot of Raul Corrales
Caballeria
speaking in his own home in Cojimar, an after-dinner chat with Natalia Bolivar, a santeria expert and cookbook writer. at home with Estereo Seguro, in Jose Toirac's studio, a night spent in candlelight because of a power outage with a Turkish grad student studying, living and finding love in Cuba...She knew a lot about Cuba's history, especially about economics...I also had footage of going to Mendive's home and a q & a about his work...I didn't use any of it....In fact, I felt it had been too intimate to put all that into a movie. The movie I ended up with is basically all photographs...



Docu-Album 3: Cuba
Originally uploaded by snail


Docu-Album 3: Cuba
Originally uploaded by snailsone.

No comments: