Monday, April 03, 2006

Good to see old friends...

My buddy Lewse came out from Cali and we spent the day hanging out, going to a show at BBKing's Grill in Times Square, Blackalicious, with Fatlip and some other group...Yeah, the show was all right...The crowd was like 15 year olds and college students...The setup for lights and sound and projectors was simple, but pretty tight, the space was pretty cool...I give a thumbs up to BBKings, though the show was actually okay, not amazing...I actually did an interview with Quannum Collective back in 1999 for Subculture Magazine. DJ Shadow was on speakerphone as I sat with Latyrx and Blackalicious...Two of the freshest albums to come out, I think, are the project DJ Shadow did with Dan the Automator and original movie music, "Bombay the Hard Way I: The Good, The Bad, and the Chutney and Bombay the Hard Way: Electric Vindaloo..." They've been out for awhile, but they're still in rotation in my music collection...

No comments: