Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What! I'm Listening to...(Part 5)

It's been awhile since my last installment of What! I'm Listening to...without further ado...

Yeah, I jumped on the Amy Winehouse bandwagon...Juan Fernando Velasco and Francisco Cespedes are great Latin finds if you like Spanish pop balladeers...The Buenos Aires band, Los Fabulosos Cadillacs combines Latin with Ska...I love Celia Cruz, too (you might remember her from such movies as Mambo Kings and Dirty Dancing 2: Havana Nights) and El Gran Combo de Puerto Rico...For silly hiphop thrills, I've been turned onto Ugly Duckling and Lil' Mama after her "Lipgloss" song, and all this after being hooked on Fannypack and K7 from the soundtrack, "Stick It" though I've liked K7 since '97 when they released, "Hideho"...Because I like silliness sometimes, I've become a bit fond of Cobra Starship, too (I personally think they made the movie "Snakes on a Plane" just to include the video by Cobra Starship...Jack Johnson is about to drop a new album in February which I am excited about (I saw the video for "What You Thought You Need" and it is Jack through and through, which is a good thing, to me, that is)...For those of you into gospel, I heard the single, "Declaration (This is It) of "The Fight of My Life" by Kirk Franklin, it's pretty nice...Most of his stuff is hit or miss with me, but he got it right with this song...Scion and Darko of Spank Rock put together a pretty hot compilation. Also, that Plastic Little is a bit disturbing in the same vein that Spank Rock is...Edgewater, Florida's Diplo is worth a mention as is Chi-Town's Kid Sister...Alex turned me onto The Spill Canvas and Damien Rice, too...Damn that Alicia Keys with her catchy sappy love songs that I can't help but to push rewind after the song has played once to hear it again...Until the next time, "kiss me like it's the last time you'll see me"...

No comments: