Friday, October 24, 2008

I'm not exactly an ex-Punk, but I know my roots...My Advice, Listen to Arwen...

Revised 10.28.08
Arwen Curry, an old friend of mine has an advice show on Maximum Rocknrolll Radio called "You Got a Problem?"...She was editor (until 2004) of the famous old zine (the current editors are Layla Gibbon and Cissie Scurlock) that is also on the internet now. It's like the Punker's bible and has been for a long time. She gives great advice and the Punk problems are good ones for the most part. Arwen's soothing voice is really suited for the radio. Got a Punk problem? Call her up at (206) 600-1030.

By the way, I don't consider myself a traitor to my Punk rock roots because I also got dazzled by Hiphop. These are moods which I carry with me. Actually, I've kinda developed a blend of the two, like in a piece when you take a color and use it to go to another color or something...Ideologies, only rules meant to be broken if you are open-minded...Plus if you get down to it, that's what is at the root of both ways of life...

No comments: